Author Topic: Issues - How to report them  (Read 4784 times)

twistedumbrella

• Developer
    • View Profile
Issues - How to report them
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:42:29 PM »
So you have a problem with the emulator and you are so angry you could scream. Don't worry, there is help.

First, let's figure out what the problem is so it gets looked at by the right people:

If the issue you are having relates to settings, configuration, controllers, games, and pretty much everything else outside the app starting up and showing the right screens, did you look through the forums?

The developers are always trying to make things better, so every time they stop to respond to an issue another user might have had the answer to, the longer it is going to take them to address the ones only they could solve.

Alright, nobody on the forums has had the same issue and it seems like something that may not be fixed by changing some settings or trying an updated rip of the game. Now it may be time to see the issues section of Github.

There are a lot of posts on there, so how do you know your issue wasn't already posted? There is a search at the top of the page that is a little tricky, but I have a few secrets to make it work.

Think of the most general way to describe your issue. Let's say it's a Tony Hawk game. Enter "Tony Hawk" in the search bar and let the little menu drop down. You want to click the "Search reicast/reicast-emulator" option. Now it may say that no results are found, but look over to the left. What do you know, there is an Issues button with a 1 by it. Click it.

Now you are looking at all the issue related to Tony Hawk. Was your screen freezing, too? Now you can see what we know and if it isn't something that will be in the next version and you have something to add, you now know just where to post it.

Ok, but what happens when you didn't find any issues that are like yours? Should you find something with a matching word or even a general post and add it there? No. Instead, use the "New Issues" button on the right. Think of a good name to describe what is happening, add some details, and press the "Submit New Issue" button. If you think certain tags are appropriate, feel free to add those as well. Don't feel bad if you don't, though. We have you covered.

Just remember, the easier it is to understand your issue, the easier it will be to fix it. Thanks!

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issues - How to report them
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:37:26 AM »
Welcome to the drk side LoungeKatt. Here, have some cookies.

twistedumbrella

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
When reporting an issue, make sure you have tried more than one game. Some issues are not specific to the game, so listing the game that was used without testing anything else can lead to a general issue being labeled as a game issue. If you cannot test another game for whatever reason, at least include that the game you tested was the only one available. This will help to speed up the process by allowing developers to recreate the issue correctly to get the same results.

BTW, where is my cookie? I didn't get any cookies! WHO HAS MY COOKIES?!?

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:12:40 AM »
Dunno... I don't have any left. bugs ate them.

jacobsson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »
Hi there.
How come we can't have signatures/system spec.?
I would be extremely useful to know each others system specs. so that one could compare settings and performance.
Thanks & keep up all the good work!

jgib740

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 08:46:11 AM »
Hey guys I'm having a small problem with the app I got all the folders bins directory down pack with games when I go to boot bios to configure the settings screen goes black then goes to the home screen on my galaxy so tab some help would be appreciated I really want to use the app I've been at for 2 days not trying to get it to work could you guys tell me the problem and give me a solution please

kc4713

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 04:54:17 AM »
I cant map the buttons correctly.The A and Y button both map to the same button.I am using the JXD s7800B gaming tablet

Kopavlu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 02:43:49 AM »
Hey on the Nook Hd+ the Reicasts left and right default trigger buttons don't work. I noticed this while playing Grandia 2 and I believe they don't work outside of the game either. Everything would be perfect for me if those triggers worked or just one of them. Please try a quick little fix. I really don't want to have to buy a cord that hooks up a controller to this device,.