Author Topic: L/R Working Devices  (Read 5314 times)

fivefeet8

• View Profile
L/R Working Devices
« on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »
Hello Guys,

I was wondering which android gamepads are having their L/R buttons working correctly.  Currently, I have a Moga Hero and the L/R buttons don't work ingame even though they show as setup in the input settings.  Is there is a list of working L/R devices?  If not, maybe we can create a list. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:05:14 AM by fivefeet8 »

skmp

• omgh4x00rz
  • Administrator
  • utopia is a state of mind
    • View Profile
Re: L/R Working Devices
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 08:44:39 PM »
Most of them should be working on the current dev builds. You should be able to get one from http://loungekatt.com/ReicastBot (looks down right now, should be up in a bit)

fivefeet8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 02:04:45 AM »
I've tried the newest build and the L/R on my Moga Hero still don't work ingame.  I can configure it in the input options and it gives a key code though.  I've set the Moga Hero to (B) mode which is the native HID mode.  The (A) Pivot mode doesn't get recognized by the application.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:06:32 AM by fivefeet8 »

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:28:49 AM »
Try the other L/R pair. Doesn't that work either?

fivefeet8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 07:00:44 AM »
Unfortunately the triggers (L2/R2) don't get recognized in the input settings or ingame(B).  They only work in the pivot A mode in most emulators.  Epsxe for example, supports the A mode so all triggers and shoulder buttons work.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:05:01 AM by fivefeet8 »

fivefeet8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 12:23:43 AM »
I've traced the last dev build that works with my Moga Hero with L/R and Triggers was the version that first included Moga support and compiled by cyclonemaster. 

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=7922&pid=66074#pid66074

On the latest Dev builds, Mode A doesn't do anything in the emulator.  HID(B) mode does get detected and the L/R are able to be setup in the input settings, but they don't do anything ingame. 

Unfortunately, the loss of working L/R buttons prevents various games from being played like the Resident Evil games as they use the R button to shoot/attack zombies.

fivefeet8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »
Great work guys.  On the latest revisions, the L/R work ingame.  The only issue which I noticed with them is that the L/R buttons get interrupted when you hold them and press another button or d-pad.  I saw that it was reported already on Github, but wanted to confirm. 

In a game like the Resident Evil, if you hold the R button to aim, then shoot or move around with the d-pad, it releases the R button even though you are still holding onto it. 

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 12:59:44 AM »
Yeah, moga controllers are broken atm. r7 or even maybe r6.1 will take care of that.

bobbydazzler1985

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 06:08:41 PM »
When is r7 being released?

mpvega

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »
On my nook hd 7" tablet the LT and RT buttons are not working in shenmue 1 I can't zoom in to lock on things to pick it up or run in shenmue help.

skmp

• omgh4x00rz
  • Administrator
  • utopia is a state of mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »
Ookay, I'll look into it tomorrow.

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 04:33:10 AM »
I suspect that the buttons not working is due to some input related option that needs to be enabled/disabled. It could be one of our bugs though. :p

tourjefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »
I'm using the latest reicast build and, although, the app detects the L/R triggers on the controller's setting screen in game it will not work for some reason.

is there someone that managed to get this working?