Author Topic: Reicast Lollipop support  (Read 7409 times)

Matsilagi

• View Profile
Reicast Lollipop support
« on: November 21, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
Any idea on how to make it work on Lollipop?

It always seem to have GFX problems/runs only without sound.

Also, i know this has been discussed earlier but, with the new runtime, would it be able to support Half-Life and other more complex games without performace loss in the code (I remember someone saying this in another thread).

skmp

• omgh4x00rz
  • Administrator
  • utopia is a state of mind
    • View Profile
Re: Reicast Lollipop support
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:56:03 AM »
No, HL & co are still out (and will remain like that for a while).

I can't even get it to boot on a simulated lolipop device here. Looks like I'll have to shop for some hardware. Again... :|

beerupop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 09:35:28 PM »
Try the LG G3 is the men man ^^

UnhatchedYoshiEgg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 07:53:26 AM »
I can't get it to work at all on Lollipop (cyanogenmod 12 on the Note 3)
Is there anything I can try to get it to boot?

rufusruffcut08

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 05:02:07 PM »
Hi to all,
New member posting here.
I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910U (exynos) with Kit-Kat 4.4.4 and have a dilemma with which I am hoping someone can help with.
I have a large micro sd card which has all my roms on from my last phone (galaxy S2) and have had to put them on my note 4’s internal storage as Kit-Kat will not allow Reicast to read it.  This is hugely annoying as others will no doubt be aware of and due to my note 4’s limited internal storage I can only store a few roms at a time.
With android Lollipop full read/write access to external cards has apparently been restored but as I have been reading all over - Reicast does not work with Lollipop (despite seeing it run fine on shield tab/Nexus 9 on youtube etc) and here is my problem:-
Should I stay with Kit-Kat and have limited to no use of my micro sd card, or should I upgrade when lollipop comes out in a week or two (UK) and pray to god a lollipop compatible Reicast build comes out soon…?
Also would love to hear if anyone has Reicast working on Lollipop or if anyone knows if a Lollipop compatible build exists or is being worked on etc. – this needs to happen ASAP as so many will be upgrading to Lollipop soon.

By the way - utterly awesome emulator.

tourjefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 07:51:23 PM »
Hi to all,
New member posting here.
I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910U (exynos) with Kit-Kat 4.4.4 and have a dilemma with which I am hoping someone can help with.
I have a large micro sd card which has all my roms on from my last phone (galaxy S2) and have had to put them on my note 4’s internal storage as Kit-Kat will not allow Reicast to read it.  This is hugely annoying as others will no doubt be aware of and due to my note 4’s limited internal storage I can only store a few roms at a time.
With android Lollipop full read/write access to external cards has apparently been restored but as I have been reading all over - Reicast does not work with Lollipop (despite seeing it run fine on shield tab/Nexus 9 on youtube etc) and here is my problem:-
Should I stay with Kit-Kat and have limited to no use of my micro sd card, or should I upgrade when lollipop comes out in a week or two (UK) and pray to god a lollipop compatible Reicast build comes out soon…?
Also would love to hear if anyone has Reicast working on Lollipop or if anyone knows if a Lollipop compatible build exists or is being worked on etc. – this needs to happen ASAP as so many will be upgrading to Lollipop soon.

By the way - utterly awesome emulator.

If the issue is just to update to Lollipop or not, then, I'd say update.

I had a Nexus 5 with Lollipop and Reicast was working fine. Now I have a Moto X 2nd Gen running Lollipop as well and the app is running as well.

Even though I recommend you to update your phone,  I, obviously, cannot guarantee that you will have the same experience as me as they are different devices.

rufusruffcut08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »
Cheers for the reply 'tourjefferson' its much appreciated.
Just curious, where your devices pre-installed with Lollipop or did you upgrade via OTA update?
If the later did you do a factory reset first or not?
Lastly which version of Lollipop are you running?

tourjefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »
Cheers for the reply 'tourjefferson' its much appreciated.
Just curious, where your devices pre-installed with Lollipop or did you upgrade via OTA update?
If the later did you do a factory reset first or not?
Lastly which version of Lollipop are you running?

When I got my MotoX the OTA update was already available so this was one of the first things I updated when setting up my phone. Because it was a new phone I didn't do any factory reset or anything, just started to use it straight away.
I'm currently running 5.0 update.

rufusruffcut08

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »
Cheers again for the info 'tourjefferson'.  I think I probably will upgrade ASAP and hope for the best.  If the worst does happen and Reicast doesn't work, although utterly gutted, at least I would be up to date and would finally be able to fully use my micro-sd card again.