Author Topic: Using a MOGA controler  (Read 12382 times)

Pokemologist

• View Profile
Using a MOGA controler
« on: July 20, 2014, 02:10:18 AM »
Hello everyone! i just thought i would share some information on how to get a MOGA controler to properly configure to reicast. there are some settings to fiddle with i will try to explain as clearly as i can

Step 1

Set your MOGA to HID mode (mode B), reicast does not have native support for mode A, so we have to use mode B

Step 2

GO into the input section on the main options menu and scroll down to controller A, tap select, then press any button on your moga controller. you will notice that the controller now works, but not correctly, as the analog stick will be mapped the same as the D pad, time to fix this

Step 3

look for where it says customize physical controls, and tap launch editor. from there select to modify controller A, and set enable custom key layout to ON.
Afterwards, manually map all of the controls, you will have to use the shoulder buttons instead of the triggers for LT and RT, as reicast does not recognize the input. once all of the controls have been mapped, launch a game (i recommend sonic adventure, as it is an easy way to tell if it worked)

Step 4

test all of the inputs. the shoulder buttons will control LT and RT, and the analog stick should be working correctly. if you have any problems, try removing the control configurations and repeating the steps.

Step 4.5

If the analog stick isnt working, toggle compatibility mode ON or OFF. ive noticed that in some devices it makes all the difference.
I hope this helps out anyone who wanted to use a MOGA controller, native support is currently unavailable, so this makes a nice workaround.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:41:38 AM by Pokemologist »

MilkNPC

• View Profile
Re: Using a MOGA controler
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
How in the seven hells do you set up the analog stick? I dont see any option for it at all so the left stick just gets mapped like a second d pad. I cant play PSO and now my life is over.

kraken973

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
How in the seven hells do you set up the analog stick? I dont see any option for it at all so the left stick just gets mapped like a second d pad. I cant play PSO and now my life is over.

2. Select your gamepad

3. Launch the editor

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:57:32 AM by kraken973 »

rayan210

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 01:50:29 AM »
Hello, did the analogic trigger of the Moga Pro Power will work with this solution ? Thanks ^^

kraken973

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
Hello, did the analogic trigger of the Moga Pro Power will work with this solution ? Thanks ^^
don't work for analogic trigger

oneloveonelink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:40:15 AM »
Hi does the regular moga powerA work this way you stated or were you using moga pro? Has anyone used Moga powerA

ViRuS-MaN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »
no work i my tablette ...

i arrive in the setting and now it s ok but when i start a game when i try the button , no reponse of all button , i dont understand
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:14:10 PM by ViRuS-MaN »

Pokemologist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 04:43:57 AM »
I updated the instructions for anyone having trouble! i upgraded my phone to the moto X 2nd generation and attempted to follow my own instructions, and realized that things were not working. So i tried messing with the settings and figured out the problem. Enabling compatibility mode on some devices will prevent the analog stick from working. I disabled compatibility mode and things were working normally again. hope that clears everything up.

tourjefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 03:01:41 PM »
Brilliant help mate,

Managed to make the triggers work on my Moga!!

Pokemologist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »
Brilliant help mate,

The R2 and L2 triggers? how did you manage that?

tourjefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 12:39:13 PM »
Brilliant help mate,

The R2 and L2 triggers? how did you manage that?
Oh no, not those, just the R1 and L1 which weren't working before with me because I didn't select some options.
R2 and L2 are not recognised here either :(

NickyP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 10:37:31 PM »
I have a Moga Pocket. As some of you might know, Moga Pocket lacks a Mode B (HID) option, and therefore doesn't currently work with Reicast. (It does, however, work on other emulators like PPSSPP).

I'm considering getting a Moga Hero and selling off the Pocket, as I really, really want to have a handheld Dreamcast. For those of you that have a Moga Hero and got it to work properly with Pokemologist's guide, is your device rooted? Mine isn't, and due to its nk1 firmware I'd rather not mess with that now.

TL;DR: Does a Moga Hero work with Reicast on an unrooted phone, using this method?

tourjefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 02:58:48 PM »
I have a Moga Pocket. As some of you might know, Moga Pocket lacks a Mode B (HID) option, and therefore doesn't currently work with Reicast. (It does, however, work on other emulators like PPSSPP).

I'm considering getting a Moga Hero and selling off the Pocket, as I really, really want to have a handheld Dreamcast. For those of you that have a Moga Hero and got it to work properly with Pokemologist's guide, is your device rooted? Mine isn't, and due to its nk1 firmware I'd rather not mess with that now.

TL;DR: Does a Moga Hero work with Reicast on an unrooted phone, using this method?

Hi there,

I have a POWER A MOGA Hero Power and my device is not rooted.
The controller works perfectly with the emulator, the only buttons that won't work are the R2/L2 triggers but I reckon you will only need the R1/L1 to play games like Resident Evil, MvC 2 etc etc

Pokemologist

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »
My guide is for a non rooted device, but i do not have an older moga controller to test. Rooting shouldn't be an issue, its a matter of either it works or it doesn't.

DreamCaster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 12:50:49 AM »
Will it work with Moga A pocket?