Author Topic: I need some help with Moga Pocket controller.  (Read 22933 times)

Ritsu_sohma

• View Profile
I need some help with Moga Pocket controller.
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:54:35 AM »
Alright Explain it like I am 5. How can I get my Moga Pocket controller to function within reicast. I have been trying a lot of different things today and I can't get it to work. One of the only videos that seems to explain how to is in Russian.

tourjefferson

• View Profile
Re: I need some help with Moga Pocket controller.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 12:18:55 PM »
Right, I will try to help you.

I have a Moga Hero Power but, I reckon it will be same setting for you.

Try to do this:

- Connect your Moga via Bluetooth but, bear in mind that the controller must be connect as HID Mode.
On the Hero Power I have to only switch a button from A to B, you must have something similar.

- Once you have the controller connected - make sure it is as sometimes the phone will detect the controller but it is not really connected, again on Hero Power I have some lights to indicate to me that the controller is properly connected.

- Now that you know the controller is connected, open Reicast app (r6 version), go to “Input” and where you see “Controller A” click “Select” and then, go thru the process to set up the buttons of your Moga.

- Load a game and enjoy!

Just a FYI, the triggers R1/2 and L1/2 are currently not working, this should be fixed in future versions of the app.

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:23:02 PM by tourjefferson »

Ritsu_sohma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 09:10:18 PM »
What is HID mode?

calo712

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 09:56:35 PM »
HID mode is mode B in your controler and basically means that your controller will be detected as a bluetooth device. mode A is for moga specific games and mode B for any other app or game that is compatible with a controller (Reicast)

I have a Moga Pro Power and works perfect with Reicast, the steps tourjefferson mentioned are correct! however, I have read in several forums that not all moga controlers are compatible with the same apps like Reicast for example... try downloading the moga universal driver app... it's free and might help you get it working.

Ritsu_sohma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 11:38:13 PM »
I'm looking up and down this controller and I don't understand what or how you switch it to B mode. I have the universal driver installed and it recognizes the controller. I know the controller works because it works with several other emulators.

calo712

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 12:01:01 AM »
yeap that is one of the differences between controlers,after some research I noticed your controller doesn't have the B mode... have you tried syncing the controler using the moga pivot app then opening reicast? now remember that the controler should be used in game only... not in the options

Ritsu_sohma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 04:08:45 AM »
I have done this. No luck. It wont pick up the controllers input in the game. And when I try to use the settings to input the buttons it wont read that I am hitting any of the buttons to set them.

calo712

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 06:03:29 PM »
the issue might be the fact that it doesn't have HID support, its a basic version of MOGA, if you get a pro or a pro power im sure it'll work.

Ritsu_sohma

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »
@jeff It is a Moga Pocket. The link you sent has the picture yes.

@calo Well I'm sure this would be much easier if I had a diffrent controller yes, But I am not willing to spend more money on a new controller when the one I have now works fine. I have seen other people use this exact controller for this emulator. Only they spoke Russian. :/ Why does the HID mode mean so much?

calo712

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 06:56:48 PM »
i'll do more research to help you out  ;) the HID makes everything MUCH easier mainly because it makes your controller into a generic bluetooth device, meaning its like pearing a handsfree headset... your controller is designed to be used on MOGA games only because it doesn't have the HID option... now im pretty sure there is a way to do this and I think you have to play around with the bluetooth options on your phone... again i'll try to help you out and do some digging

calo712

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 07:01:35 PM »
ok so I found this in an android forum... give it a try and let us know if it works

" Before you turn the controller on press and hold the Sync button (the one that flashes blue, it has the A in a circle on it), and hold it while you turn the controller on. Then open the MOGA Pilot app (while still holding the sync button) and sync the controller. DO NOT LET GO OF THE SYNC BUTTON UNTIL THE CONTROLLER IS SYNCED. I have been using this method and it does work. You have to use this method every time you connect the controller. "

tourjefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
@Ritsu

If that is the picture of the same controller that you have, what is the button at the bottom/middle of the controller?

You know, the one just below the Moga logo that you can only see when you lift the phone holder?

On my Moga that is to select Pivot Mode and HID Mode (or A and B), have you tried to use that?

calo712

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »
that button is to turn it on... if you look closely the controller has an A button used to sync it as i mentioned in my previous post, this controller doesn't have an HID option, that was implemented in the pro and pro power

Ritsu_sohma

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 10:26:28 PM »
@Calos No dice unfortunately.