Author Topic: Cannot read ROMs from SDCard. Android 6.0/HTC M8  (Read 979 times)

zwolamed2

• View Profile
Cannot read ROMs from SDCard. Android 6.0/HTC M8
« on: December 23, 2016, 06:03:02 AM »
It is probably connected with new requirement since lollipop due to privileges of reading/writing to SD.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z2/help/write-sd-card-permissions-android-5-0-2-t3089933
(device is not rooted, so editing anything inside OS files is out of question. Also I moved Reicast to SD, and still the same)

Every time when I use file manager and operate on files in SD, system asks for this confirming privileges.
Reicast doesn't, and at worse, doesn't even show SD card, but only internal memory.
Of course, SD is not formatted as internal. But usually apps cooperates fine with it.

To sum up.
Whenever I enter manually localisation of ROM located on SD, Reicast shows name of the game in menu, but exits to OS during every attempt of launching the game.

It would be awesome to receive your support.
Regards
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:05:25 AM by zwolamed2 »

Carmine55

• View Profile
Re: Cannot read ROMs from SDCard. Android 6.0/HTC M8
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »
I had similar problems with my meizu m3s ( lollipop ). Try to reinstall reicast without move it to sd card and reboot your phone, insert the bios path and be sure that the game file is not corrupted.