Author Topic: Sonic adventure  (Read 7201 times)

rijufrajo

• View Profile
Sonic adventure
« on: April 23, 2014, 10:57:26 AM »
I feel that the game Sonic adventure bug. Indeed, after retrieving Light speed dash down the drain, I can not rise to the surface following the ring wire. Do you have the same problem?
thank you.

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic adventure
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:14:43 AM »
The way we emulate the fpu is not really accurate so nuisances like this one are not uncommon.

You should be able to get out of there if you toy with your positioning and maybe take the first one or two rings before dashing.

rijufrajo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
I tried many times but unfortunately it does not work.

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 03:50:34 AM »
Well, try with the dynarec off. It's gonna be quite slow, but you'll be able to get out of there. Remember to progress a little, until you have the game save its progress and enable the dynarec after that. :)

rijufrajo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
Thank you but how dynarec off? What is the key?

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »
The option is on the settings menu. This can be accessed from clicking/touching on the top left of the game selection menu iirc.

rijufrajo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 09:58:39 AM »
Thank you for all these details. I disabled Dynarec but unfortunately, it does not change, it is still impossible to trace the line of rings: (

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 11:15:04 AM »
Well, no idea then. I remember myself passing through that area while testing, but it was kinda tricky.

If disabling the dynarec doesn't make things easier, then we have an inaccuracy shared with the interpreter. We'll investigate and hopefully have a fix in the future.

Earth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »
Actually, this is not a Reicast bug, but a bug in the game itself. If you play the game on the actual Dreamcast with the real disc, it is still present. These bugs were addressed in the GC and PC ports.

The sewers area actually is one of the funniest rooms in the whole game, because most walls and ceilings don't have collision in that area, only the floors and walls near the start area. If you are still stuck in the sewers, just spin dash & jump toward that direction and you'll fly right up, but be careful because like I said ceilings don't have collision, so you might make it up to the top and go through that ceiling and fall off.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:16:37 AM by Earth »

rijufrajo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 10:12:17 AM »
It's very strange because I have the game on the Dreamcast console and I never had a problem at this location.

Earth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 05:25:34 AM »
Oh, well yeah it's there. I'll erase my save on my DC and catch a video. In the mean time, you can type "sonic adventure sewers" in google and read the thousands of threads regarding this issue on other websites, dating all the way back to 1999.

rijufrajo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »
After many attempts, I finally managed to up sewers. thank you

james_bedford

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 06:50:18 PM »
I distinctly remember playing this game multiple times on the Dreamcast as a kid and each playthrough getting a little stuck in the sewers... (but after several attempts I always managd to get out!) What I find particularly interesting about getting stuck here is that you're actually being given a tutorial on a new ability that should enable you to get out of the sewers!! I wonder if the game had been intentionally designed to require a few attempts of the new ability to get out. I've just been playing it through using the current reicast on Android and was completely unable to get out of there using the new ability after many, many attempts. It makes sense to me that if the floating point emulation does not produce the same results as the Dreamcast's hardware you may become unable to do as the game's designers intended.

However, a helpful video on YouTube demonstrated an alternative way to get yourself out of there (spinning on the farmost computer in the direction of the camera).