Author Topic: Renamed bios, confirmed directories, but Reicast crashes before games load  (Read 17469 times)

Armbreakfire

• View Profile
Not sure what my problem is.. I have a Galaxy S4 (1.9GHz Quad Core) and the latest version of Reicast. Pretty confident I have the correct files, with "dc_bios.bin" renamed to "dc_boot.bin". They're located within the dc/data/ folder within the root of my internal storage. The games are recognized, but they all fail to load. For a split second it looks as if it's going to launch, but then backs out of reicast entirely. No error messages. I tried clearing the cache and reinstalling, but the problem persists. I've also tried a few different games as well as downloading the bios from multiple sources (one in particular that has always been trustworthy).

Any ideas?

Armbreakfire

• View Profile
Tested the dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin on the latest version of NullDC today and they worked just fine, so it's not that.

Armbreakfire

• View Profile
Update: Tested Reicast on my buddy's Nexus 5 and it worked just fine. I just copied and pasted the files over to it. So whatever it is, it probably has to do with my phone.  :(

Model is Samsung-SGH-I337, Android v.4.2.2

If anyone has any idea what might be wrong, let me know.

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Try moving the files on another location. Be sure to use the storage on the phone, not an external card/disk.

skmp

• omgh4x00rz
  • Administrator
  • utopia is a state of mind
    • View Profile
@psy thats a new issue w/ 4.4 huh? We have it on the tracker?

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's a limitation introduced with kitkat iirc. New android versions have tighter permissions.

It could be the reason why we "crash" on so many devices running kitkat. Samsung devices seem to be the worst of the bunch (the tracker has an issue or two with samsung/qualcomm devices that crash).

We don't have the new permission stuff on the tracker cause it's not our issue. When updating the shield here, the update notes explicitly stated the change in permissions and how it can affect applications. It's not our problem. :p

Armbreakfire

• View Profile
PROBLEM RESOLVED!!

I updated the system software and now it works. Simple as that. Don't know why I didn't think to do that in the first place.. Now it's time to play Shenmue   ;D

Thanks your response.

Javy

• View Profile
I have the same exact problem. And my phone is up to date on all updates.  Still same problem you had. I'm running note 3 att version