Author Topic: Commens taken out of Help/Guide for r6  (Read 7053 times)

Detronical

• View Profile
Commens taken out of Help/Guide for r6
« on: February 28, 2014, 11:59:36 PM »
Cool

hooby3dfx

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Commens taken out of Help/Guide for r6
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »
Thats nice :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:37:32 PM by skmp »

sdeshwjack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »
this along with every other explanation doesn't seem to work well for me : ( ...After you get the BIOS files, create a folder called "dc" at the top level of your SD card. Inside there create a folder called "data" and put the BIOS files inside. Make sure that the names of the folder and the BIOS files are correct!.............do you change the bios file not the flash to boot? do you stick a also copy of the boot in a bios folder? do you name the folder boot.bin? what else do you put in these folders??? ive seen and done everything you have said to people in germany to others on u tube and nothing is working.....i have gotten as far as it turning off as fast as it turns on by doing stuff no one has explaned but before it wouldn't even see my files....maybe someone could help with a very very detailed description? i was sent here from my post on google play so im hoping we can nab this finally : )
signature post!...

twistedumbrella

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:22:31 AM »
You have two files. Together they are the BIOS and flash. You need both. Think of it like the boot.IMG and the /system folder on your phone.

You have a folder on your sdcard named dc. Inside it is a single folder named data. Those two files go into data. Once they are there, they stay there. They belong there. They like it there.

In reicast, if you have just done a freash install (wasn't updated, just installed) do NOT go into paths to change anything but your games folder. The system folder is already set to dc by default. If you have it set to anything else, replace it by clicking browse, get to the sdcard, click dc and click SELECT THIS FOLDER. Now its set. You're ready. Go play something.

sdeshwjack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:33:05 AM »
thankyou for your kind responce...i have put the files like you said where you said i re installed reicast and didnt tough anything but the games direction and put the data inside the dc folder storage/emulated/0/dc etc in the data i put the two files ...dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin  this is what happens after i press boot dreamcast bios or press a game ...(BIOS Missing. the dreamcast BIOS is required for this emulator to work. Place the BIOS file in storage/emulated/0/dc/data/dc_boot.bin)

previous i listened to others and myself and desided to play with it a little and put the bios in a folder of its own labeled dc_boot.bin and the flash into its own folder with dc_flash.bin still both in the data folder , when i did that it stopped telling me the bios and flash are missing. so i started it up and i saw nothing more then a twist in the screen and it flash on and off as fast as fast can be lol

also i have other people telling me you need other files as well to add to the mix? but i read your response and tried happily : ) but you can see my predicament  still continues : (
signature post!...

twistedumbrella

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 05:41:51 AM »
If that didn't work, the files are probably corrupt. The only reason the folders almost work is because it's trying to use the folders as the files and doesn't catch they're folders until it crashes.

sdeshwjack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 06:02:55 AM »
if that didnt work meaning the way i did it and not the way you explained to do it? respectfully saying of course just trying to figure out since your way and my way doesnt work ...so should i try again then my way? re loading the files?  i have a few friends with some extra dream casts in the same building they used to own a table at a fle market with many many game systems i could buy one of there's and try again getting my "legal" files from one of them and load? what would you suggest i should do now my friend?
signature post!...

sdeshwjack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:54 PM »
I guess I'm still in the same position asking for help in definitely not trying to sound rude but is my way of adding things the correct way or is the below explanation if it is why do I get pop ups stating missing bios flash and why doing my way do they stop  ...since there is supppst to be one right way what is this path ? next ive tried another bios from another dreamcast I bought and its the same thing : (
signature post!...

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 02:24:13 AM »
Make sure that the names of the files are correct.

Detronical

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 01:32:32 PM »
rename dc_Bios.bin to dc_Boot.bin

Everyday Legend

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 05:03:42 AM »
Hi, I've just come over here to say thank you.  No, really.  Thank you so much for emulating my all-time favorite system on my phone.

Even at this alpha build stage, this is really promising stuff, and I can't wait to see what you accomplish in the future.  You have my full support, and I hope you guys do more great things as time goes on.  Really, just fantastic work.  I can't stop grinning.  :D

lino11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
Ya know, I have the same exact problem.

"BIOS Missing. The dreamcast BIOS is required for this emulator to work. Place the BIOS file in storage/emulated/0/dc/data/dc_boot.bin"

I know for sure I have a good, non-corrupt bios and flash file, named correctly.

I am using Reicast successfully on my Galaxy S3 but seem to be having a real problem on a Galaxy Mega. It seems like it keeps wanting to duplicate the "data" folder, so if I have a dc/data/xxx, it'll create another "data" folder and then the error message will extend to:

"Place the BIOS file in storage/emulated/0/dc/data/data/dc_boot.bin"

Now with two data folders.

I made sure to obviously not choose the data folder in paths. But it still keeps looping like this. And I believe it's not finding my dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin because it keeps wanting to now look into the *next* data folder.

*Side note: what's with the storage/emulated/0 folders?? Was it always like this? My previous S3 does not show this path.

PsyMan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
From the very first post in this particular thread:

"On newer versions of reicast you can pinpoint to the folder that contains the data folder. Just make sure that you don't select the "data" folder, you must choose the folder containing it, Also make sure that the file names of the BIOS and flash files are correct."

Seriously, we can't help more than that.

lino11

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 10:24:44 PM »
Like I said, man...

"I made sure to obviously not choose the data folder in paths."

And yes, the names are correct. Also stated.

Also... I have gotten this running fine on an older phone. On the Samsung Galaxy Mega (like the Note 3) I'm having the issue.

lino11

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
Well I'm not sure how but it fixed itself. Everything's working now. So odd, but thanks for your help anyway. I know you were just trying to be constructive, this type of service is difficult with random internet folk. But good luck to everyone involved in continued development. I'll continue to troll the forums and try to learn some stuff.

I do have one complaint tho:

super difficult to read captcha system